- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup tofu
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup red pepper
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and combine it with water in a saucepan. For 1/2 cup of quinoa, use 1 cup of water. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Once you remove the quinoa from the stove, cover it and let it steam for 5 minutes.
2. Cut the tofu into small cubes and grill it in a grill pan with a little bit of olive oil turning it frequently until it gets crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Slice the onion and chop the red and green peppers and sauté them in the same pan with some salt and pepper over medium heat for a few minutes until they soften.
4. Add the cooked quinoa and tofu along with the soy sauce and the bean sprouts to the pan.
5. Stir together well and cook until the quinoa is heated through and the bean sprouts are cooked.
Serve and enjoy!